« Reader's Question—Information on Clermont Ferrand | Main | French airfield security »

06 May 2008



I noticed your comment on an old article by one of Sue’s students.

So that it has a better chance of being seen, I have reposted as a 'Reader's Question'.

Francoflyers is principally about flying in France but the basic answer is:

1. You must file a flight plan, as for any trip across international borders

2.. There are no customs formalities for leaving the UK but, if you are not returning to a customs airfield, you must notify them via the customs ‘General Aviation Report’—you don’t say where you are flying from but a copy is available on the Redhill Aerodrome site at http://www.redhillaerodrome.com/pages/customs.html

3.. If routing via France (for example Dover-Calais), you need to report entering French territory—Lille or Calais would be the best contact points for that route

4.. In Belgium, I only ever got as far as Ostend, which is a customs airfield close to the border, so I suggest that you call your intended destination to confirm the customs formalities and requirements for entering Belgian territory.


Les King
Site Administrator

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Your Information

(Name is required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Become a Fan